Gutter Guards Installed by Fox Valley Area’s Trusted Experts
Many different gutter guards are available, but which one is the best?
There’s heavy rain in the forecast. Are your gutters clean and clog-free? It’s smart to be concerned about clogged gutters because your home can be damaged when gutters clog and overflow.
Roof runoff that overflows clogged gutters can cause basement flooding, damaged siding, fascia boards, decks and patios and water leaks in your living space. Clogged gutters will also cause wood siding, sheathing, and trim to rot; requiring expensive.
Installing gutter guards is a “once-and-done” upgrade that will protect your home from all kinds of moisture damage. D-Wing Construction of Illinois provides free gutter and downspout inspections and fast, written estimates for all upgrades and gutter installation and replacements in Naperville, Aurora, Elgin and nearby areas.
Other names for gutter guard
Gutter guards go by many names, including the following:
- Gutter screen
- Gutter cover
- Leaf filter
- Leaf screen
- Gutter brush
What’s important when choosing a gutter guard?
Gutter guards go by many different names, such as gutter cover, gutter screen, leaf filter, etc. No matter what name is used, the purpose is the same: to prevent leaves, twigs and other debris from accumulating in your gutters and impeding water flow.
Manufacturers have come up with quite a few different ways to keep gutters clean and clog-free. Some work better than others. To figure out which gutter guard design will work best for you, it helps to ask some key questions.
5 common questions about gutter guards and leaf filters
- Will the gutter guard filter out all kinds of materials? Generally, gutter guards will keep all but the smallest debris out of your gutter, though some screen or mesh-type gutter covers won’t prevent small particles like plant seeds & granules from your roof shingles from accumulating in your gutters.
- Will roof shingles be damaged when the gutter guard is installed? Many gutter covers require lower courses of roof shingles to be pried up in order to install the gutter screen or cover. Our professional installers will ensure that this is done properly to avoid damage to the shingles.
- Can leaves accumulate on top of the gutter cover and block water drainage into the gutter? This can be a problem with many screen-type gutter covers, which is why we’ll work with you to determine the best type of gutter guard for your home’s location to give you ideal performance and limit maintenance and cleaning.
- Can the gutter cover come loose or be damaged easily? Like any other exterior part of your house, there is always the chance your gutters can be damaged by Mother Nature. However, we use high-quality products that will be durable and long-lasting under normal weather patterns.
- Will the leaf filter look good on my gutters? Gutter guards come in a wide variety of colors, meaning that we can match the guard to your existing gutter to give your home a seamless appearance.
Call for a free inspection and estimate today in Aurora, Naperville and nearby
To protect your property and your peace of mind, why not go with the best gutter and gutter guard system available? We install strong, durable, long-lasting gutter protection solutions that are affordable to install and will remain free of clogs. Call today to schedule a free inspection and estimate from D-Wing Construction, and learn more about our solutions for gutters and downspouts in Plainfield, Hoffman Estates, Lombard, Carol Stream, Bartlett, Streamwood, Barrington, Arlington Heights, Palatine, Schaumburg, Bolingbrook, Wheaton, Downers Grove, Saint Charles and nearby.